Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My canon pixma ix6800 wont accept new 550xl ink cartridge the

my canon pixma ix6800 wont accept new 550xl ink cartridge the red light does not come on and i doubt if the cartridge before was empty as only put in recently all the other cartridges are lit up. can I correct this myself thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Are they genuine canon cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes just put new one in today.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Plese give me the exact and entire error the printer shows including any numbers.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

support code 1660

following ink jet cannot be recognised black pgbk printing can not be excuted because the ink tank may not be installed properly or may not be compatible with this printer

instal appropriate ink tank

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That should only come up if you are trying to use a non Canon cartridge and is not a good sign. Have you tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i clean the machine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed, that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

on cleaning the printer points i can see what the problem is 3 of the 5 pins have bent over can i fix this with tweezers or would they snap off

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Is it the pins inside the print head? If it is unfortunately the contacts being bent would mean it needs to be replaced. So you can try with tweezers, they may come off but as of right now you would need to replace the part anyway.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU IT HAS WORKED AND THE PRINTERS IS NOW OK THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience