Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Cannon pixma 5350 My printer will not work, a message says

Cannon pixma 5350
My printer will not work, a message says that the inner cover is open but it is not.
Please help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Which cover did you check?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked both covers. They are both closed.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please be more specific, this machine has more than 2 covers. Where on the machine are the covers you checked?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I checked the lid for the scanner and below that the lid you raise to replace the inks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you, ***** ***** actually be a cover in front of the bar you lift to release the ink which you can not see unless you open the output tray:

You need to open both the scanner and the output tray in order to see it.
Even if it is closed right now, please open and close the door in this diagram.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.