Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

HP Photosmart 375. Machine insists there is a paper jam, there

HP Photosmart 375. Machine insists there is a paper jam, there is no paper jam,how does one overcome this problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer by unplugging it from the power socket then waiting 10 minutes.
Then plug the power back in, turn it on and tell me please if you are still getting this error please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no change

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David
Turn off the printer by pressing the Power button.
If the optional HP Photosmart Internal Battery is not installed in the printer, unplug the printer power cord. Wait about 10 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
If the optional HP Photosmart Internal Battery is installed in the printer, unplug the printer power cord, if it is plugged in. Open the battery compartment cover and remove the battery. Wait about 10 seconds, then reinstall the battery. If desired, plug in the power cord.
Turn on the printer. The printer checks for paper in the paper path and will automatically eject the jammed paper. Press OK to continue.
If the error still occurs, continue to the next step.
Remove the paper from the In tray, then push in the catches to release the In tray.
Open the In tray to a horizontal position.
Gently pull any paper to remove it from the back of the printer.
Before you lift the In tray to close it, make sure it is pushed all the way to the right on its hinges.
Lift the In tray up until it snaps back into paper-loading position.
Open and close the print cartridge door on the front of the printer to make sure it is securely latched.
Then check if it still gives the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no battery installed, have never had one, unable to open in tray to horizontal position

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David, its optional with the printer at the time of purchase.
Disconnect the universal serial bus (USB) cable from the printer if the printer is connected to a computer.
Open the print cartridge access door of the printer.
Press down on the end of the cartridge to release it.
Close the cartridge access door.
Plug the power cord back into the printer
Turn on the printer.
After the printer turns on, it should display a "Cartridge is missing" message on the LCD.
Hold the print cartridge so the nozzles are down and the contacts face toward the printer, then slide the cartridge into the carriage.
NOTE:Avoid touching the nozzles or contacts.
1 - Contacts
2 - Nozzles
Press the cartridge into the carriage until it snaps into place.
Close the cartridge access door.
The printer should display the date and time normally.
Try the print job again to see if this step resolved the issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried your advice a second time from the start and managed a print,

tried another print and I`m back to square one,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem
It is the internal paper sensor that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.