Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer 1500 is not working - all lights on control panel

printer 1500 is not working - all lights on control panel are flashing.
Can you help please ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What brand 1500 is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HP

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Which lights specifically are blinking here is an example:

Illustration: All lights are blinking
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all of them

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Including the ones not blinking in the image I sent you? That would be an extremely bad sign. How old is it? Did you get an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its quite old - no warranty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you however you missed one questions, Including the ones not blinking in the image I sent you?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that would mean the main board is failing and needs to be replaced. Without a warranty this can be expensive so you may want to call around for a price. Due to this some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.