Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have recently bought a Multi-function printer, an EPSON

I have recently bought a Multi-function printer, an EPSON WF-2650, which has the facility of scanning. I have been able to scan but only with the output going to the Cloud. I just can't figure out how to get the output sent (wirelessly) to my laptop. The
printer WiFi is OK because I can send a fax from it to my doctor, chemist, etc. Can you help, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What you need to d is scan via the Scan Utility from your computer and the computer then receives the scan.
If you do not already have it installed, you can download and install it from my link below
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=252862&infoType=Downloads
then once installed, you run the Scan utility and perform your scan via this.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, Richard. However, I have tried that already, and I get the message that there is a communications , but, as I said the printer does have its WiFi working OK. Part of the printer setup for a scan is that I get the message asking where does the data need to be sent. I answer Computer, and another message says that it is scanning BOBSLAPTOP. Then I get the communications error message. I would like to know what the laptop scanning is looking for? It might help to know!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In first line....communications error......
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Received from Virgin Media as part of their broadband package. It is a Netgear, possibly a VMDG480.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I dont want to guess, can you please check it and confirm the exact details please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, this is taking some time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, I just do not want to work off incorrect information, so please check it and let me know the make and model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dunnit! The attached file should give you the info needed. Otherwise it is a visit to Virgin Media!!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
On the router is a reset button. You may need a paperclip and with it on, can you hold the reset button in for 10 seconds and release.
Then power off the printer and the computer.
Wait 5 minutes.
Then power on the printer and then the computer and tell me if you can now scan to from it via the scan program please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can and will do. Do you have any idea what the scan of BOBSLAPTOP is looking for?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No as I do not know all the items at your location and the configuration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back again. No, Richard, I still can't scan and I still get the same message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, go to devices and printers on the computer, right click on the printer and select remove device.
then restart the computer.
Then install the printer again but this time not via wireless but by connecting via the USB cable and try to scan this way.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. No change, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
So even scanning via USB you still get a communications error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is right
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you install via USB the printer onto another computer and tell me if you still get the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I don't have another computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then your left with three options.
You would need to reload windows on this computer.
Borrow a computer from a friend
Or keep scanning to the cloud as you mentioned it does this successfully, and use it this way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me EXACTLY how to "check if the computer is connected"? I am not 100% sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless it is, because of the printer cable?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you can print to it then it is connected.
No, its not the cable as the problem also happened via wireless as you initially said.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, as somebody said to the bishop, what next?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I dont think you saw one of my messages, I will repeat
then your left with three options.
Borrow a computer from a friend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't see that, then or now.
1. I THINK I am OK about the Windows (10) re-installation. Then a retry.
2. I THINK that I should be OK about getting my granddaughter's laptop. Then a retry.
3. If it still doesn't work, then it must be a fault and I will return it, as it is still in warranty.After all that has been done, in 1. and 2. above, should I get back to JustAsk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have just seen the original 3 options.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats no problem.
And yes on 3 if you like, but if you get to 3 then we know the printer is faulty and this was the problem.
We just need to do these other steps to get to this conclusion
I have marked this question to never close though, so any issues just let me know here, this is no problem at all.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right then, Richard, thank you for all your help, and I have got all my fingers crossed!
All the best.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Me too and please let me know how it goes, as I want to know the results for this once you have done this please if this is ok.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering