Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

We have a piece of paper jammed in the printer - can we remove

Customer Question

We have a piece of paper jammed in the printer - can we remove it ourselves?
HP Deskjet F4210 All in One.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you Please let me know where exactly is the paper stuck...feed tray..printing area..under the carriage, output tray
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Please turn off unit and unplug power cordtry blowing some air near the area where the paper is stuck so that it gets dislodged from its position and then try removing itthe paper should come out let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bottom feed tray shows1/2" of left hand paper corner JUST visible.

Access panel above shows jammed paper on extreme left. There were 2 more sheets ready to use when the incident occurred.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
are you able to access the sheets of paper stuck(if any)..pull them out gently without applying force and they should come outdoes the paper stuck in bottom feed tray seem to be stuck in the rollers-try blowing air near ityou could also lift the print upside and shake it gently once or twice and then blow air againthis should dislodge the paperturn on and check if when the rollers move the paper get removed from their grip or not let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help; Your suggestions gave me courage to 'have a go' and have now extracted the paper.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
let me know if you have any questionsPlease click on a smiley face below or stars above to rate my service if your question has been answered Thanks for choosing for Just Answer