Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epson RX620 prints A4 OK but 6x4 paper passes straight through unpr

My Epson RX620 prints A4 OK but 6x4 paper passes straight through unprinted
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Do you get any error messages or anything like that when this happens? Are normal print faint at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no error messages. normal print densities Ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What program are you printing from? What are you changing the settings to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried printing from W7 and from PSEl 10. on A4 printing is OK. I think it is a feeding problem. the paper just whips out untouched by any printing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What settings are you using after clicking on print?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I put in the print size and type of paper

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That does not tell me what you have set them to or what the rest of the settings are. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont understand what other settings you need

Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did 4 by 6 photo printing ever work on this printer, before this?

Also, is the printer a new installation or recently installed and new to you... or is it an install of some duration, with regard to printing (anything) from this, your, computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer is 10 years old but worked perfectly with 6x4 a few weeks ago. I had to open a new pack but also have tried aA4 sheet cut down

The paper passes right through. That is a familiar symptom.

Tell me what the Windows 7 System Type is on this PC.
System Type is found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System,
and is either 32-bit or 64-bit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

64 bit

Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU 3.30Ghz

Thank you for the information.

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from the power. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel - Devices and Printers, and remove all entries for your Epson printer and its series, by clicking on each of its icons (or entries) and deleting.

Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use Uninstall (or Remove or Change/Remove) to get rid of all programs specific to your Epson printer.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=44341&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64

and click on the Printer Driver and Scanner Driver, download it, and wait for the download to complete and Save To a file on your hard disk. Then locate the downloaded installer file, double-click on it to start the install routine, and install the drivers etc.

That should do it. If there is any problem at any point, feel free to stop short and Reply to me and I'll try to help you through the difficulty.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable