Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

HP 7760 printer cartridge cradle is stuck.all paper is clear.

HP 7760 printer cartridge cradle is stuck.all paper is clear. how do i deal?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What are you referring to as the clutch? Where is the carriage jammed? How old is the machine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Freddy,

The machine is approx 7/8 years old.The carriage [s jammed on the extreme right, but can be manually moved across the print bar. The clutch is described as being accessible through the rear of the machine, where the cogged roller can be reached.If further information is required please let me know.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You did not mention a clogged roller before, did you already remove whatever was jammed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not mention a clogged roller, but if you reread my memo I stated a cogged roller i.e, a serrated cog.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize I mis-read. Try this please, Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry,Freddy,but no luck.Printer seems to have had it.I think i shall have to take it to the Tip . Thanks anyway.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
If you would like me to I would be happy to help you find a replacement. I work on all brands and models so would not have to recommend an HP. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.