Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson SX515W. When trying to copy in black and white the copy

Epson SX515W. When trying to copy in black and white the copy comes out in red.Why when all the cartridges are nearly full.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,Ihave been through the steps needed. It seem as if the black cartridge is not flowing.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
How did you clean it? Have you cleaned it by hand yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no improvement

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is a very bad sign, how old is the machine? Please try a photo copy from the scanner glass how does that come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Came out O.K

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
What version of windows or mac are you using? What program are you printing from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7.machine is fairly new.Program installed when printer was put in.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I meant the program you are currently printing from, for example word, your email etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Im printing from an E-mail..

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No problem ok, please press print but do not send the job.
Instead next to the printers name do you see a properties or preferences button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ctrl+P

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That will work too just do not send the job after the dialog comes up.
If you are using chrome you may have to use ctrl+shift+p instead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry,I have had an urgent call and need to leave this. I willreply when I return in about an hour.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No problem take all the time you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay im back!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok open somethign to print and click print but do not send the job to the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yep

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok good now click on that button and another window should open.
In that window look for a quality settings.
Change it from whatever it says to highest or best, ***** ***** the print job.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still having problems. To be honest,despite your best efforts,I would prefer to sort this face to face. Not your fault,but I will not continue this convesation. Thanks for your assistance.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No problem that is your choise however I can tell you that if notne of this worked you most likely have a failing part. If under a year old this will normally be covered under warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.