A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Technician
Experience:  Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.
71208907

Panasonic Plain Paper Copier FP-7718 not working. Breakdown

Panasonic Plain Paper Copier FP-7718 not working. Breakdown electronic code message is "E3 11". Paper supply is O.K. Waste Toner Bottle is O.K. Changed toner. No change. Anything worthwhile that you can Suggest?
Thank you. Bill Dunn.
Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Error E3 11 on your unit refers to a possible corona wire issue in the transfer seperator unit
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Try taking the lower corona assembly out of the copier. Close the door and see if you get the error code back with the corona out.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Try cleaning up any "tracking" in the transfer corona end blocks.You can try putting insulation tape under the end blocks in case any leaks are going to ground.Also check that you do not have any corona wire remnants shorting out on the corona inputs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mr Stevens.

Thank you for your speedy response to my query. I am a stand alone building surveyor who does a lot of architectural work from home without a printer service contract. Your terminology in the e-mail "try cleaning up any & quot, tracking & quot in the transfer corona end blocks" is not very clear. And putting tape under the end blocks.

Is this cleaning and taping do-able by a reasonable competent handy man and where is the transfer corona???

Yours confused.

Bill Dunn.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Bill - please let me try to locate a video or diagram so you can determine how complicated it might be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't trouble yourself thanks' all the same. Bye.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Please do rate my service, would really appreciate it. Have a nice evening Bill