Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Hp officejet pro 6830 I had a printer which developed a fault

hp officejet pro 6830
I had a printer which developed a fault obtained a replacement which will not print but displays a window referring to sending a fax
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

go ahead

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The printer is not printing. When print is pressed for any document a window appears on the computer screen referring to sending a fax

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the dialogue shows a fax as the printer name? How is the printer connected to the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At the top of the window it says

Send fax - HP Officejet Pro 6830

Connection is usb cable

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
In the print window it should show something that says printer name with a properties or preferences button next to it.
Click on the name and change it from the fax to your printer, then send the job.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.