Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a an HP 7520 printer, anyway yesterday I put a

I have a an HP 7520 printer, anyway yesterday I put a new yellow ink cartridge into the printer and it said yes it was a genuine HP ink cartridge then it keeps coming up with " There is a problem with the printer or ink system". Turn the printer off, then on. If the problem persists contact HP. well I have turned it off and on about 6 times but the problem is still there.
Hopefully you can assist.
Mike
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please try the old cartridge, does the same thing happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's came up with " The printhead appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed ". Now it's gone back to the original problem as I mentioned when I first emailed you.

Mike

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.