Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a canon mg 6150 printer which has error 5800 or 5b00

i have a canon mg 6150 printer which has error 5800 or 5b00 on it. how do i get rid of this.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The error code is a service error indicating ink absorber full. usually this involves getting the absorber replaced and for the same the unit needs to be servicedhowever, there is an intermediate reset step that you may tryTurn off printer by pressing the power buttonpress the Resume button and press Power button.Keep holding down Power button and release Resume buttonPress Resume button 2 times then release BOTH buttonsGreen lights will flash and then stop blinking.When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.once done turn on unit and checkif the error code repeats then the unit would need to be serviced. if within warranty you can get it done through canon else through a local repair store i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work againLet me know if you have any questionsPlease click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answeredThanks for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure if you got my reply. one poor eye,

where is resume button please

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
do you see a button that has sign of a circle with an inverted triangle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry no just the on off button

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
do you see a stop\reset buttonif not let me know how old is the printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
basically the ink absorber is a sponge pad that absorbs excess ink during printing and maintenance cyclesonce the pad gets full, there is a risk of ink spillage within the printerturn off the unit....slide the cradle to one corner..now have a look..you will be able to see a spongeif the unit is within warranty cover, please contact canon to get this sponge replaced.else if the unit is out of warranty, please take out the sponge, clean it with water...let it dry for few hours...then insert it back in...else if error repeats or you are unable to locate or take out the pad..you can contact a local repair store a get a new sponge and insert that one in and this error should get fixed
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work againLet me know if you have any questionsPlease click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answeredThanks for choosing Just Answer
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well not sure whether you have given up on me i was quite prepared to go through with your suggestion. but no resume button, cant get hold of the cradle to slip ialong to get at the sponge do you know of a way. then i could clean the sponge. my finger is asking for a break i am 90