VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Canon Pixma ip 1500 and Ubuntu

Customer Question

Canon Pixma ip 1500 and Ubuntu
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.I have no expertise in Ubuntu however the logic behind installing is simple you can follow the steps give in the link below which will help you to install the ip 1500 printer in Ubuntu. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=487890
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No help im afraid
Bernard
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I will open this question to other experts you will be a reply as soon as an ubuntu expert replies.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs, What is the current version of Ubuntu that you are using???
It can be installed on Ubuntu 12.4 or higher.. Here is the link with the drivers Sir or Madame;Add the repository and update the system:$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:michael-gruz/canon-trunk$ sudo apt-get updateHow to install the Printer Driver for Canon Pixma IP Series on Ubuntu:Canon iP1500 series Ubuntu Drivers:$ sudo apt-get install cnijfilter-pixmaip1500series That is it. If there is any trouble with the installation. Please get back to me with the issue.