Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Why does the colour cartridge ((30XL XL670)

Why does the colour cartridge ((30XL XL670) for Kodak printer C315) often needs replacing even when rarely used?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This is normal and to be expected.Even if you rarely print in color on purpose, color inks are still used even in black and white prints, as it mixes all the colors together to give a deeper black. Even if you set the preferences to use only black ink, every time the machine prints or is turned on/off, it runs through a cleaning cycle which uses ink as well.If it did not, the system would dry out and clog up, resulting in damage. If you are opposed to this process, you could consider replacing the printer with a black only laser printer. I can recommend some options for you, if you'd like. Nathan