Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a P315, have just purchased new Cartridge when printing

I have a P315, have just purchased new Cartridge when printing Photos It seems as if too much ink is being used blurring picture and too much ink result does not dry
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I presume that your printer is a Lexmark-made inkjet printer.If so, it is fairly old... Lexmark went out of the inkjet printer business several years ago.Are you sure that you got genuine Lexmark ink/cartridge for the printer? if a refill, or if 'compatible' ink, then that could cause problems. If it were an Epson or Canon printer, you might be having a problem with the 'ink drying' time setting, and need to set ink drying time to longer, or shorter, but not the same as at present.But I'm not sure that Lexmark inkjet printer software has any such setting. Nonetheless, it might be worth looking for it.And if that isn't there, or doesn't work, try setting the printing to 'Draft' quality. That might help some.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is a Lexmark made Printer It was bought about 2005 so yes it is fairly old. The catridge is a genuine not a refill.. I have set the printer to draft no change. I have contacted the firm where I bought the Catridge and they say it might be that that is at fault so they are sending me a replacement

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That's the right thing to do at this point. I hope that it proves to be a fix for the problem.