Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My MP210 PRINTER HAS GOT THE ALARM ORANGE BUTTON FLASHING AND

My MP210 PRINTER HAS GOT THE ALARM ORANGE BUTTON FLASHING AND THE CODE E 3
There is no paper jam? the cartridges will not move across so I can reload them?
Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the carriage by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged or something is blocking it use a flashlight to check.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi have managed to load the cartridges but there is now an E 2 AND E 3 CODE SHOWNING

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please turn it off unplug it, remove all paper. Then using a flashlight look at all the paper areas for anything jammed it could be a tiny piece of something. Do the same thing looking inside around the ink cartridges. Make sure to use a flashlight as some things you can not see without one. Open and close all paper trays after that. Then turn it back on and load only a single sheet of paper. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dID FIND A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER TURNED IT OFF BUT STILL THE ERROR CODES AND ALARM STILL FLASHING?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please repeat the original steps I gave you now that the paper is out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Freddy-have done the above again and still the same?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not good, how old is the machine?
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately same codes?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

bout 3 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty? Look behind the carriage there should be a plastic strip that will either be white or clear. Clean that as best you can with a lint free cloth and once again repeat the original steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don all the above-think its ready for the bin?

Thankyou for all your help

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately if it is still doing the same thing you either have a failing logic board or the carriage assembly needs to be replaced. I would need to see it in order to say for sure which. Without a warranty though either part can be expensive so most people do decide to replace the machine instead as that is usually cheaper. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience