Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

My newly aquired canon pro 9500 mk2 printer is not printing

my newly aquired canon pro 9500 mk2 printer is not printing yellow and magenta. The printhead is new and has been checked on another pro 9500. Any Ideas ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I'm assuming you purchased this used?Did the machine have the same problem previously (if you know)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

quite possibly

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, it is difficult to say with certainty, based on all the variables here. This issue is primarily caused by a faulty head. Since you have replaced/tested that though, it leaves 2 remaining possibilities:A contaminated or faulty carriage pcb, or a bad logic board. I know you mentioned cleaning, but lets try that again as the next step:remove the head and thoroughly clean the metal electrical contacts/pins on back of the head, as well as where it mates up inside the carriage/holder (this is the part to focus on) using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat and run a test print.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If still no change, this would indicate a deeper hardware fault. Both the carriage pcb as well as the logic board are expensive parts and labor intensive to replace.So at that point, if possible, you'd be better off returning/exchanging this printer, rather than investing large sums of money into it right away. If you need more info though, help finding parts or service centers, etc, just let me know.Nathan