Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a new Pixma MG6600 series printer which worked very

Customer Question

I have a new Pixma MG6600 series printer which worked very well until I downloaded windows 10 onto my laptop. It now keeps displaying an error code which says the paper tray is not pulled out when it clearly is.
It is obviously malfunctioning and I have tried switching on and off. I don't know what to do next. Please help.
Jan Fiore
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer (unplug from power socket) and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and try to turn the printer on and tell me if it still gives this error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you click on the Search bar bottom left, type in device and click on device and printers.Right click on your printer and select printer propertiesThen click on Print Test Page and tell me please exactly what happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID is 780 099 999 and password ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are you sure the ID is correct? As I am getting either an invalid ID or that the program is closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I
I am downloading it again. My ID is the same; 780 099 999 and password ***** ***** It asks me to enter the partner ID to connect to partner.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. I have tried to print again but have the same error code. The new password ***** team viewer is 1429.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I need you though to remove the power to your wifi router and wait 10 minutes
While waiting, remove the power to the printer
Then connect the power to the wifi router and wait 5 minutes
Connect the power to the printer and tell me if you can then print please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done exactly as you suggested but the same as before. I wish I had never downloaded windows 10. Perhaps I should uninstall it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes we need to do this now, its not compatable
But you can do this easily
To do this
Open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ or “Go back to Windows 8.1″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alright. Thank you Richard.

Jan Fiore

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome but do not leave me yet, let me know the end results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is resetting but seems stuck at 8%. I've already started again but the same thing has happened. Seems like I've got a much bigger problem than I thought. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it can take an hour or two Jan, let it sit for some time, it should progress
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will do.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. Just to let you know that everything is working perfectly now. Sorry I haven't let you know before now but am unwell at the moment.
Thank you for your help and patience . It was invaluable and helped me to understand my machines a bit better.
Jan F
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all Jan and thank you for the feedback
Great we got it fixed