Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Printer Problem - Epson DX8400 Printer suddenly stopped printing

Printer Problem - Epson DX8400
Printer suddenly stopped printing - loss of mains power. I checked to see the power cable was properly connected, that the fuse in the plug was ok and plugged the power cable into another mains socket, still the printer will not come on. I have you any suggestions.
Robin Bagnall
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
to confirm, the printer shows no sign of power at all correct?
No lights or anything shows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's correct
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the power to itHold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Wait 10 minutes then connect the power and tell me if it then turns on please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard. Still no success. No signs of life in the printer. Is possible that the power unit inside the printer has failed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, this is what has occurred and will need to be replaced
we have ruled out all other causes and its not the mainboard else you still get power but a fault code.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.