Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have unboxed my C1860FW printer and followed the installation

I have unboxed my C1860FW printer and followed the installation guide. The printer screen is showing the messaged 'scanner locked'.
In the troubleshooting section it says to pull the blue latch towards me to unlock the scanner.
My problem is I cannot find this latch or any other.
Can you please explain how I can unlock the scanner, so I can continue with my setup.
Karen
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem
Samsung made both external and internal locks, if you can not find one on the outside underside or above as a blue button on the scanner it is internal.

To the left of the scanner glass/window, there is another narrow window where you should be able to see the scanner head.
You can take it apart or use something extremely thin and wedge it inside, you should be able to push the locked end of the scanner down.

You will be able to tell which as the mechanism should be at an angle.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.