Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Kodak ESP 7250 printer. I have no problems with the

I have a Kodak ESP 7250 printer. I have no problems with the printer - it does everything I need it to do. I do however have a problem with the life of the Kodak (genuine) ink cartridges I have been buying. I do not often use the printer to print - I do a lot of scanning etc not often printing to paper of photo paper. The printer is quite often switched off. I have found that for the last 2 colour and black cartridges I have had hardly any print before the printer tells me the ink is low - this cannot be the case as I simply have no prnted enough pages to use up all the inks- whether black or colour inks. This is now happening with the 3rd colour cartridge. Is there any way I can re-invigorate the ink cartridges to either get the ink flowing again or override the printer so it ignores the 'low ink' warning and force it to print. If this continues, at the price od Kodak ccartridges, I will either have to resort to generic cartridges ( not ideal) or bin the Kodak printer and purchase another (probably HP) where the ink cartridges are considerably cheaper (and I can use generic cartridges more easily). Your advice and assistance would be appreciated otherwise its curtains for the Kodak printer!!!!
Frustrated of Kent ( AKA Anne Clarke)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Some drivers have an option to bypass the warning Anne,
Click the "Start" button. then click the "Devices and Printers" option.
Right-click on your "Kodak" printer, then click the "Properties" option.
Click the "Advanced" tab, then click the "Printer Preferences" button.
Check for and Click the "Disable Kodak Status Monitor" check box, then click the "OK" button to apply the changes and close the window.
Then try printing with a cartridge with low ink.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, did you receive the response I just sent re-no joy with suggested actions ( Re Kodak ESP7250 printer).

Anne Clarke

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No sorry, I only received this reply Anne.The only option left is then to have them refilled as the chip is then reset when they do this and use refillable.I am not a big fan of Kodak, but I can tell you in regards ***** ***** usage, HP is not much better which is why I advise to get them refilled as this is by far the most cost effective method.