Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Technician
Experience:  10+ years in IT
30863715

I have a Epson stylus photo r1900 printer. The ink and delete

Customer Question

I have a Epson stylus photo r1900 printer. The ink and delete lights are flashing back and forth and nothing works. Can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Do the lights flash in a pattern?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lights flash: ink button first, on for about a second, it goes out and the delete button instantly comes on for the same length of time. This sequence is continually repeated until the power is switched off.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
If you open it as if to change the ink does the carriage move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thanks

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. This printer appears to be flashing due to needing an ink pad replacement. This is a relatively old printer and the cost of having a tech come and replace your ink pads wouldn't be very cost effective. You could try downloading the ink pad reset tool and run that to reset the counter however this is a tool that the techs have and it comes with a cost. It also may not solve your problem.