Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an Epson WF-7525, which doesn't print consistently.

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF-7525, which doesn't print consistently. It looks as if the either the heads need cleaning, the heads are out of alignment or it's running low on ink. However I've cleaned the heads, checked the alignment and changed all the cartridges - repeatedly. And it has made no difference at all. Printing can best be described as "streaky" - lots of thin white horizontal lines.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How did you clean it? Does a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all come out the same way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi FreddyI cleaned it using the built in software....Copying directly from the scanner makes no difference - the printing is still streaky.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal, just get any dried ink off of that area.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok doing this now...thanks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, let me know the results when you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - it's now charging the ink. It said it didn't recognise the Yellow cartridge - to I've removed it and reinserted it. Now charging again...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's now saying it doesn't recognise the Magenta...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Are they genuine Epson cartridges? If they are refilled or "compatible" cartridges they can cause both the problems you are currently seeing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They're compatible remanufactured cartridges...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You would need to test with genuine Epson cartridges. Compatibles/refills can cause both problems you are currently seeing as I just mentioned. If you are trying to save money on ink you would want to use a CISS instead, they are much less likely to damage your machine compared to compatibles. I am also going to opt out and open this to all experts. If you decide to test with genuine cartridges I will opt back in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They're also pretty old - this printer has been lying dormant for some time. I've replaced them with some newer cartridges - but it's the same issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just replaced them with genuine Epson cartridges - and it still has the same problem. It seems the refill/compatibles have damaged the machine as you suggest.