Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Photosmart C309a Had to remove and clean the printer head.

Photosmart C309a
Had to remove and clean the printer head. Colour printing was OK but black was poor.
Cannot restart the printer. It went back to 'onetime installation, for 10 mins but will not complete the process. Keeps asking to be turned on and off. Will not complete the alignment process. Now shows 'System Failure Oxc19a0040' again and says switch off and on. HELP!
Gerald
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does the same error show with the print head removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Removed the print head but it will not let me do anything so will put it back

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
With the print head removed what error do you get when you try to do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Printhead Problem

Remove and then re-install

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is a good sign if the ink system failure error had still been there it would have meant you needed a new carriage assembly. When is the last time you replaced the print head with a new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Never

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok it most likely needs to be replaced then, just like ink cartridges the print head is consumable wears down over time and when it does gives an ink system error. Your machine uses a 564 printer. This is the cheapest I have found one for your machine: Click Here If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does seem strange. Just because it was cleaned the printhead pack up. Hope you are right. Have ordered a replacement.

Gerald

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It was most likely clogged by the nozzle being worn, cleaning with a worn nozzle would clog it up fully. You can try soaking it in warm water for 10 minutes, then repeating with fresh water until it runs clear. If it is just a build up of ink and not a worn nozzle that would clear it up. That is unlikely though due to your error, usually to fix it the print head needs to be replaced. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Freddy for your help.

Will I see a debit for £26 on my account soon? Please confirm that this will be a one off.

Gerald

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I have no control over billing but it should be whatever you agreed to when posting the question and should already be there. I will send a report in to make sure you do not have a subscription. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for my help so this site will pay me for my time it is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience