Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

HP Deskjet 3055A J611 PSC Control Panel lights up but screen

HP Deskjet 3055A J611 PSC Control Panel lights up but screen is blank no information
on screen ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Is the machine responding to print commands?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no commands on the screen

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I know there is nothing on the display screen. I am asking if it will respond to a print command - if you send it a print job from a connected computer, does it print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just try it and yes it did

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for checking. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty LCD panel or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2011 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluationunplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the display panel replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nathan thank you, ***** *****`m in the UK, looking for parts is not worth it

PSC printers are very cheap to buy, so I will look for a new one over the few days.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
They are indeed. If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1OiGUiu If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan