Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Cannon pixma mp 560 fault b200

cannon pixma mp 560 fault b200
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot clean machine because because the messag in screen States printer error unplug
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I actually meant a manual cleaning by hand which it sounds like you have not done.Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 secondsPlug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges messageInsert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cleaned contacts, still not working
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
As I mentioned in my very first reply it is possible you are going to need to replace a part to fix this we need to troubleshoot to find out.Next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cleaned as stated still sameroblem
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Darn that is not good and rules out the print head. How old is the machine? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approx 5 years
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Even if you had an extended warranty it would normally be up then. B200 can occur because of two parts the print head and the logic board. Normally when it is caused by the print head cleaning will at least change the error to indicate it is the problem. Usually to something like 6A00 or U052. When it stays B200 after both these things it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. It is rare but sometimes both parts do fail at the same time. The board normally costs around €50 and €65, due to that some people do decide to replace the machine instead as that is usually cheaper. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.