Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I changed the cyan and magenta cartridges in my Epson stylus

I changed the cyan and magenta cartridges in my Epson stylus sx415 at the same time, and then it did not print the cyan on a nozzle check. I think that I forgot to remove the paper strip from the cyan. Is there any way to move the cartridge carriage to the position where I can access the cartridges?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and try to push the carriage over to the middle.
Does it then move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the carriage does not move

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its not due to not removing the tape, as it would just not detect it then.If you pull hard on it you cannot get it to budge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After switching off & on again it did move, but I then found that I had removed the paper strip so there is some other fault

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so what is it now doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still no cyan on the nozzle check printout

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and if you put a different cartridge in, does it still not print Cyan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New cartridge, does not print cyan

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the print head that has faulted.We have ruled out all other causes for thisI am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you