Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I,ve set up my MX 925 but am having difficulty getting the

Customer Question

I,ve set up my MX 925 but am having difficulty getting the printer to operate. How do you set it up properly?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
What is the error you get when it fails to print to the printer?
And are you using a windows or Mac computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Using windows 10. No message at the minute - usually just 'printer not responding' or not online

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it connected via a wireless connection or the USB cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wireless

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you power off your wifi router and remove the power to your printer and wait 5 minutes.Then power on your wifi router, wait 5 minutes, power on the printer, restart your computer and tell me if you can then print please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Havent powered off yet - its now saying 'printer is in an error state'

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That's ok, please do the instructions I gave and tell me if it now resumes printing please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

power back on and connected to broadband but still not printing

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the error you now get when you try to print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

printer not responding

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bt Hub 5 56FR (dont think its the hub or wifi I think I need guidance through the set up routine again!)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOn the back of the hub is a reset button.Can you hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, then release.Then wait 5 minutes, restart the printer and computer again and tell me if you can now print to it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10 (I've just put a USB connection in but that doesnt seem to make any difference so far)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** USB please
Can you type in the search at the bottom left Device and click on Device and printers.
Right click on your printer and click remove.
Once done, restart the computer
Then go back to Devices and Printers, and click on add Printer.
Let it find the printer and if it does, click on it and install the print and try to print to it.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what id and password?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The one you get from doing my instructions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you cancel the additional service . I'll try for myself but how do i get back to you after restatring?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you just return here like you did before when you restarted the computer.
You did restart the computer when you did my previous instructions and was asked to?