Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

As a professional photographer of some 50 years experience,

As a professional photographer of some 50 years experience, I'm using a Canon Pixma MG5650 printer to print in-house photographs with very satisfactory results when working from digital COLOUR files. ( as with all the previous Canon printers I've used )
However, when working from high quality BLACK + WHITE files, this machine seems unable to print true B+W prints at the larger sizes, e.g. A4 - which it prints in sepia. Yet the same file will print in TRUE B+W at very small size - e.g. A6 - using the same controls.
I've always been able to produce excellent B+W prints from every printer I've previously owned. Am I missing something with this one ? Or has Canon programmed the machine to be too clever by half ? Sepia is a refined taste - OK in its place.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.Open something you want to print and click print but do not send the job.Instead click on the properties/preference button to the right of the printer name.The window that pops up should have something that says color intensity.In that area click on the set button, you can set color adjustment and matching here.Unfortunately this is the only option Canon has for corrections on this model.If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Freddy - much obliged.
You put me on the right track and with a bit of fiddling about I've been able to print true B+W.
I'm amazed that one must alter these controls on this particular Canon machine - a retrograde 'improvement'. Every other printer I've used - Canon, Epson, HP - has printed perfect B+W straight off. Definitely this one is " too clever by half "
Thanks for your help - you've save me a lot of time, paper, ink and frustration.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.