Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Pixma wireless MG5650 printer I need to be taught how to scan

Customer Question

Pixma wireless MG5650 printer
I need to be taught how to scan a document wirelessly to my lap top computer and send the scanned document by e-mail using M|icrosoft Outlook
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer? Please note you will not be able to edit the document.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 10

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 10

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Search Windows in the search web and windows box for fax, and click Windows Fax and Scan in the list of results.
Click New Scan. Select your printer, click OK, and then click Scan.
Then click on file and save as, save the scanned document to your desktop.

Open outlook and open the message you want the document added to.

Click on either the attach button or the paper clip icon and point it to the scanned document in order to attach it to the email.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very new to windows 10 and cannot find what you suggest ie windoiws in search web and windows fax and scan icon

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
On the bottom left corner of the screen there should be a search box next to the windows button.
It will either say search web and windows or ask me anything, type the word fax into that box.

Then in the list that comes up choose fax and scan.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.'

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This new Canon MG5650 wireless printer is giving me endless frustration

The windows scan window tells me it cannot see any scanner

Now trying to remove the device and re-install it and it will not remove the printer

I am at a total loss what to do next

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You do not need to remove it.It not finding the scanner means that drivers is not installed.Please use this to install it:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5650.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1184991&os=WINDOWS%2010%20%2864-bit%29&language=
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok have downloaded that driver for windows 10 and still when I click on NEW SCAN on tool bar am told cannot detect scanner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Just downloading/saving is not enough you need to run/install the download.
If it saved somewhere double click on the saved file, or download it again and choose the run/open option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will try that again sorry for being so inept at this

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry I am here to help, if you get stuck let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I downloaded the driver you gave me and pressed the button that said RUN

The printer is still installed but says its offline so |I suppose that is why the scanner cannot see it

How do I go about getting the printer on line now?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You never mentionedit being offline before. That means it can not connect over the WiFi. I need to move this to networking for you in order for someone to help you with that. I will opt out, open this to all experts and move it for you.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To confirm, you cannot print at all on the printer correct?
Where you able to print to it before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Richard

Yes I have been able to print wirelessly before from Word but am trying to scan a document for another guy who has asked me to e-mail it back to him

The printer seems to be permanently offline yet I can connect to the internet as you can see so am flumuxed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, Press the windows key + R and type in mspaint and press enterIn MSPaint click on File, From ScannerDoes it then scan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it does not scan or let me know that I have clicked on from scanner

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it was not exactly clear on your response.You were able to click it? If so, what then happened?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID ###-##-####/p>

Password 7897

Thanks Michael

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Richard

What next?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, as I said on the message, now try to print now that we restarted everything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no joy there at that attempt to print and message tells me printer still offline

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, I want you to connect the printer to your wifi network again please.

To do this, click on this link below and click on Standard connection

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg5550_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

Follow the steps on the printer to connect it to your wireless network.

Once done, then try to print to it.

Let me know the results please