Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

CP1025nw colour laserjet. We need to set A6 paper size as a

Customer Question

CP1025nw colour laserjet. We need to set A6 paper size as a default printing option. A6 is not listed as one of the choices, so we created a custom size, but this is not saving as default, any ideas
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What happens when you try to save the custom size as default? Does it print the custom size when you set it that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a customer of ours who is having the problem, so I don't have the Printer in front of me unfortunately. I am not sure he actually knows how to save the selected paper size as default. I guess a first question I have is can this Printer model save an A6 size as default?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Normally no A6 is not supported on this model, but as a custom size you may be able to get it to.
It should save custom sizes as default if you do it through the driver in the printers.fax area of the computer.
If he is doing it as something comes up to print that does not change the default, it only applies for that one job.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the suggestion. He is using Windows 7, could you give me a step by step guide to what he needs to try, as he asked for me to send him an email with the details

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You may want to do it yourself then but click on the windows button.
Then click on devices and printers.

Here right click on the printer and click on printer properties.
If it allows custom sizes as a default you can set it here, if you can not set it as default the custom option will be missing.

Click on apply and ok when finished, then whatever you changed will be the new default.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Freddy I have emailed the Client with your suggestion, I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and as I mentioned if the custom option is missing there it means it does not support using custom as the default. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still waiting to hear back from the client, will be Monday now

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Take all the time you need.