Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My canon MG5650 keeps telling me that the wrong paper is in the cassette, even though it i

Customer Question

my canon MG5650 keeps telling me that the wrong paper is in the cassette, even though it is set for A4 and the paper in it is A4. I have taken it out, turned it every which way and the printer will not acknowledge that the paper is correct. I would prefer not to take an axe to it, but it's getting close....!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The solution to your problem with the paper size, depends strongly upon several details.Among those details, is: Where is the error message appearing, on the printer itself, or on the computer's screen?andWhat is the full and exact text of the error message? Please tell me these details, and I will advise you as appropriate. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Russell

the message was on the printer. I have sorted it now - discovered that in "settings" you can turn off the function that detects a difference in the size of paper - doh! Thanks anyway!

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

In other words, Auto-sense for Paper Size was disabled, pretty much, by the sound of it.

Or, you had to disable it, to print upon A4 paper ? that might be needed.

If this case may be considered closed, no response is required, and thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.