Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I've just replaced an ink cartridge on my MG 7150 but its not

I've just replaced an ink cartridge on my MG 7150 but its not working. something is blocked I think
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is it doing exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cyan cartridge failed so I replaced it. I don't know if this is relevant but I didn't use a Canon cartridge but a compatible cartridge. The machine showed the cartridge was full but when I printed there was no cyan on the print. So I changed the cartridge again, this time with a Canon cartridge but the same thing has happened
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you always used non genuine cartridges? They can damage the print head which is the part I was referring to before possibly being needed to fix this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have always used genuine cartridges. This is the first time (and I didn't realise it wasn't genuine until I unpacked it) but the failure was immediate
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freddy - Well done. I'm now getting cyan in my printing mix.I've now learned two things today
1 - Don't buy 'compatible' products
2 - How to clean a Canon printer's contacts
You have saved me having to buy a new printer!