Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kodak C310 copies documents ok but when I try to print from

My Kodak C310 copies documents ok but when I try to print from PC it only comes out in colour - no black in at all will not even print in black, so I am left with a page full of colourful lines and no script. Have tried cleaning but still no joy.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. When you copy the black comes out properly and not dim, faded, or a blueish grey color at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes completely blank other times only half the lines print and it is very blurred. Have just printed off an e mail I received and this has come out fine. Cannot seem to print directly from PC. ie any documents I have on system.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That does not actually answer my question. I was asking specifically about when you copy. When you copy does it ever come out dim, faded, or a blueish grey color at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Copied a document earlier and it came out as red was now pink and what should have been black print was blueish grey.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is what I needed to know and rules out any possibility of this being caused by software or settings. Meaning it is 100% a hardware issue. How did you clean the machine when you did? Did you use the built in cleaning or do it by hand for example.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned with a soft cloth first of all. When that did not work I found out on google how to use cleaning programme on printer.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok there is a deeper clean we can do by hand that may help.
First remove the ink cartridges and look at the carriage.
You will either see a latch you can lift, or a bulls eye you can push in on.
That will let you remove the print head from the carriage.
Once you have it out run it under warm water, do not use anything else like soap just water.
Run it under warm water until no ink comes out and then let it air dry for 10 minutes.
Put it back in with the ink but do not test it yet.
Instead run the built in cleaning once to force out any water that still may be in the nozzles then test it.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Tried everything you said still not printing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a good sign, how old is the printer? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had it for about 4yrs. No extended warranty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately after that type of cleaning when the same thing happens it means the print head is failing and needs to be replaced. Your model uses a Kodak 30 series print head, this is the cheapest I have found it:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Kodak30-print-head-ES2150-ESP2170-ESP3-2-ESP-C310-ES-C315-Hero3-1-5-1-/151314079099
If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.