Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Pixma MG6350 and very rarely have a paper jam,

I have a Pixma MG6350 and very rarely have a paper jam, however I now have one that I've never experienced before. The paper seems to have caught up under the print head so I can't get access to release it. Any suggestions please.
Regards,
Allan Scruby
e-mail: ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you see the paper? Have you tried removing the ink and print head from the carriage? Does it show an error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The print head is stuck at the left hand end and none of the ink cartridges can be removed as there is not enough head room. The printer message only said "switch off printer and refer to manual" which then only covers removing the back panel.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That error should have a code as well, please give me the code. It will be something like C000, 6A00, B200, etc..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code C000
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.Then by hand move the carriage by hand.It should move freely, if it does not something is blocking it like a piece of paper you can remove with a long pair of tweezers or it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.Then leave it in the middle of the bar.Plug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and re-calibrate it.If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.