Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

We have an Epson WF - 3640 it tells me either a paper jam or

Customer Question

we have an Epson WF - 3640 it tells me either a paper jam or refill paper tray we have tried all morning to get it to work there is no paper jam and we have tried refill paper tray from two different reams any advise ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please give me the exact and entire error including any numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If we need to copy anything or print off an e-mail (we are a care company so all medical notes come to us via e-mail) so far all morning when we go to print the machine tell us there is a paper jam or load paper as we have already said we have checked 5 times including switching the machine off and starting again, no avail.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
As I said I need the exact and entire message including any numbers please, exactly the way you see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The message reads:

Load paper in cassette 1.or remove jammed paper then press a button to continue

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** using the casette or the rear feed when you normally print/copy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cassette only

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please completely remove the casette from the machine:

Then with a flashlight look inside the machine behind the casette.
Make sure nothing is stuck in there, it may not necessarily be paper, for example something as small as a staple could cause this.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have had the machine disconnected and checked everything there is no paper staple or otherwise in the machine(have even tilted it to make sure there was nothing in any crevice.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you completely remove the cassette from the machine? That itself can sometimes help if it got inserted at an angle (possibly due to a jam).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cassette 1&2 sit on top of each other to be honest we always use cassette 2 we have now loaded up both cassettes and still the same error message.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That does not actually answer the question but is good to know. Did you completely remove the cassette from the machine? It should come completely out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have taken the cassettes out and put them back (away from the machine and put back)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do you ever use the duplexer? (print on both sides etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no we have never use it, it has done a fair amount of printing over the last two months or so but the machine is probably 18months/two years old not sure of the shelf life of printers.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

This series normally lasts around 5 years but that can sometimes be sped up if used very often. The factory warranty though only lasts a year. Just in case let's check the duplexer. Turn the machine around and on the back remove the cover:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Remove anything that you find here.