Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson Sylus SX415 Error Code T0892/712 Chat Ref(###) ###-#### Can

Epson Sylus SX415 Error Code T0892/712
Chat Ref(###) ###-####
Can you advise how to unlock printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. I do not see any previous questions who did you talk to before? Are you sure it was us JustAnswer and not Epson? I work on these machines daily so can help you with this, but since I can not see your previous chat can you please tell me everything you tried so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was Epson who suggested that I read an article.Situation. The printer told me to change a Cartridge which I did but is now frozen.
I tried switching off at the wall and then back on again but the same Code comes back
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Are you using Genuine Epson ink cartridges? What article did you read?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Genuine Epson Cartridges but if it helps it did not do the usual and tell me
which Cartridge was low it just went to Replace Ink Cartridges
Article hhtp://kbcic.epson/artice.aspx?article=2085dP=7
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That does help thank you, ***** ***** still have the old cartridges? If you do can you put them back in and let me know if anything changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I replaced the new cartridge
It just looped back to Press the OK Button to replace ink cartridges
When I press OK it positions the Cartridges ready for replacement
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok but it does not show the error number you mentioned originally any more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still showing T0892/712
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a good sign, have you tried cleaning it yet? How old is the machine? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3/ 4 Years and no I did not buy an extended warranty.Do you think it's it time to buy a new Printer?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Well first let's try a cleaning but it is possible that you would need a new carriage assembly to fix this.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed, that is normal just get any dried ink off that area.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience