Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an Epson 4535 - blues are not printing properly. Performed

I have an Epson 4535 - blues are not printing properly. Performed a head clean twice - if anything it's worse!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How did you clean it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Using the 'clean' routine in the software

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed, that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I now get the message "Maintenance box cannot be recognised - install correctly" I haven't a clue what that even is! Switched off, waited and restarted... but got the same.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
This video explains what it is and the end of the video shows how to remove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjgAdgmPtVw

I did not create the video. You do not need the resetter that would not work for your error and you do not want to use refilled cartridges so ignore that as well. They can damage your machine (most likely why they disabled comments). Just reseat your current maintenance box and see if the same thing happens:

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now getting "load cassette 1 correctly"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Remove the paper cassette completely from the machine and then reinsert it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I did that... still the same message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok all of that combined is not good, how old is the machine? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I didn't :( Over a year. So a busted machine then?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately it sounds like you have a failing board and without a warranty that can be expensive so most people end up replacing the machine instead. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.