Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My H P 4480 Photosmart printer has suddenly decided that the

My H P 4480 Photosmart printer has suddenly decided that the printer cartridges I am using are now incompatible
Category: Printers
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.
Can you try the following and let me know the result. Steps:Power Button + Cancel Button ComboEnter special key combo 1[Scan] 3[Copy Color] 2[Copy Black]‘Support menu’ will be displayedPress the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Reset Menu’Press the 3[Copy Color] oncePress the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Semi-Full reset’Press the 3[Copy Color] onceThe printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the Printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried what you recommended but incompatible cartridge is still showing packing in for the night

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have tried as suggested but all printer displays is incompatible ink cartridge, seeing it was printing quite happily last week am suffering extreme frusration

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Printer screen now shows rhLxFN0810CR but still dead as dodo What now to kick it into life ??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Are they genuine non refilled HP ink cartridges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don' t know if I am pressing the right keys, but yes cartridges are genuine HP

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That reset will not work if there is a hardware problem. Are the cartridges refilled? Refills will cause this as well as generic cartridges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No cartridges are genuine shop bought replacements

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you tried cleaning the machine yet? You may have a failed carriage assembly that needs to be replaced but sometimes cleaning can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will try that at a later time just now I have to sign off

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. well when you get a chance Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please do not open duplicate questions, you need to reply here. Windows 10 would not cause this problem.