Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

PRINTER IP7250---ALARM FLASHES WHITE THEN 3 ORANGE THEN WHITE

PRINTER IP7250---ALARM FLASHES WHITE THEN 3 ORANGE THEN WHITE THEN 3 ORANGE.
ERROR CODE SAYS 6000---CAN I CLEAR IT??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. please turn it off unplug it, remove all paper. Then using a flashlight look at all the paper areas for anything jammed it could be a tiny piece of something. Do the same thing looking inside around the ink cartridges. Make sure to use a flashlight as some things you can not see without one. Open and close all paper trays after that. Then turn it back on and load only a single sheet of paper. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TRIED ALL THAT FRED--CLOSE INSPECTION WITH TORCH AND MAGNIFYING GLASS--SWITCHED ON --NOTHING CHANGED.

PS--NO LIGHTS ON THE CARTRIDGES!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
The lights for the cartridges do not need to be on, you still want to remove them and check that area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DONE THAT-- NO CHANGE

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is not good, this error is a jam error and there is no reset. If you find no jam it usually means you have a failing part. How old is the machine? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI FRED

BOUGHT IT USED ON EBAY--IT SOUNDS AS IF ITS HAD IT, I'M SURE I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK.

THANKS FOR TRYING MATE.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and i sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

CHEERS ***** *****

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You too and please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help so that I am paid for my time - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.