Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hpphotosmartc4400 I am having a problem trying to print from

hpphotosmartc4400
I am having a problem trying to print from the computer it keeps telling that there is no paper even thugh the paper is in the printer will print when just doing copies.I have carried out all instrutions that appear in the manual to know avail .
I was intending to purchase a new model but found my reserve of inks will not becompatuble
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO PLEASE
Regards ***** *****on
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is possible that you are getting a Paper Out signal, because you have paper in one paper tray of the printer, but not another tray that (for whatever reason) the printer is trying to draw blank paper from.This could be caused by e.g. wrong settings for paper source, or wrong settings for Paper Size (since some paper sizes can only be fed from certain paper sources, esp. the Manual Feed option, which on many printers causes a Paper Out signal because paper normally is not in the Manual Feed slot.) One simple thing to try: put a sheet of paper into every possible paper source. Manual feed slot, other paper trays. See if the paper out indication goes away then... and perhaps, get the page printed out, too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This model has only one paper tray and it functions perfectly on normal photo copying and from a sim card
***** *****onji
OK, understood. My previous attempt at an answer was N/A, it seems. What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer? Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it? (If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found inStart - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on windows 8 lenoversd/sdhc/sdxc/mmc macplus/ms/mcpro
that's all the info I can if this is not what you need I am lost and unable to
to go beyond the little know how I haveJim M
Good.Are you trying to print from Windows 8 then?Try turning the printer Off, pulling the power plug on it, then waiting for 1/2 hour, then plugging it back in and turning it On, and see if you can print this time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell I cant believe it ileft the unit on while I had to go and when I came back jyst sitting by it
when it started to send out print iwas intia ly print a manual which was 45 pages bit it started to run again
Is there any way i can cancell the remaing prints HELPRegards ***** *****
Open the cover of the printer, or remove the paper tray, or otherwise put it Offline, stopping the print for the moment.Then, go to the printer's queue, select the print job(s), and use Cancel All Print Jobs to clear the queue.Then let the printer be Online again, and it may print off a few more pages that it had in its memory already. (The print queue windows is reached throughControl Panel - Devices and Printersand double-click on your printer's icon, to open the printer's queue window, which lists all print jobs still pending, or still to-be-sent to the printer.)