Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Kodak Esp 5250 all-in-one printer. Got to the set-up

I have a Kodak Esp 5250 all-in-one printer. Got to the set-up wizard, and found my router. Pressed ok & it then took me to the security string. I have forgotten what my password ***** ***** this. I am trying to connect with my i-pad. Can you please help me to reset my security password, as this doesn't give me the option to do this. Have tried twice to put in a pass word, but both are wrong.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.
Do you have a computer on your router other than your ipad? What is your operating system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have a computer, just my I-pad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a BTHub5-P3R9 of which when I went to the set-up wizard on the printer it found it with no problem. It then takes you to the security string of which I couldn't remember the code. Can you still sort this out for me please.
Yes, I can definitely help you solve your problem. If you have not changed the password ***** your BT Hub5 wireless router, you can find it on a pullout card at the back of the router. i you cannot find it there, please let me know, and we will take another approach.
The password ***** ***** the wireless key on the pullout card. If you do not have the pullout card, we can discover the password ***** using your iPad, if it is connected to the wireless network. I am assuming that it is connected and that you are using our iPad for this Just Answer internet session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I did have a pullout card from my hub. That worked. I printed out the network configuration and it stated connected. I tried to print out an e-mail but it was still coming up No AirPrint printers found.
I have been researching your issue, and, while the wireless password ***** be displayed on a Windows pc or a Mac, unfortunately, it cannot be done on an iPad or an iPhone.
If you have the pullout card, you can connect the printer manually from its control panel, using the wireless key on the pullout card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an Apple I-pad. I now presume that I can't print any e-mails from my I-pad to my printer.
Please let me know if this is the case and whether I need to buy another printer. Thanks for your help so far. I will leave a good star rating to you once I receive a final answer.
I am at work early in the morning, but will check my e-mails early tomorrow evening.
Using the up/down arrow keys on the printer control panel, go to Network Settings - WiFi Setup Wizard. Select your Network Name (SSID) listed on the pullout card. Then select WPA/WPA@ as the encryption security method. Thenenter the Wireless Key and select OK.
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRINT FROM YOUR IPAD. FIRST YOU MUST CONNECT YOUR PRINTER, ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIONS I HAVE GIVEN YOU ABOVE.
After connecting your printer, since it is not and AirPrint compatible printer, you can get an app for your iPad that will allow you to do so, but first you need to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.