Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Ave an epson SX125 which is printing all words double,unre

ave an epson SX125 which is printing all words double,unreadable!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have cleaned by hand and removed dust etc

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
How did you clean it when you did?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with cotton bud

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Please print a blank page, what comes out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A blank page

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is good, now we need to test if the black or color is doing it since we know the rollers are not. Please print this page or if you prefer a black only document then a color only document. Let me know if both the color and black are doubled/blurred.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both colour and black and white are blurred and now it's rattling and chewing up the paper....I think it's on its way out.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I was afraid you were going to say they were both blurry. What you are describing normally means the carriage assembly is failing and needs to be replaced. Without a warranty though it is usually cheaper to replace the machine itself. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok ,I will rate you after one more question! I've just today bought a load of new inks for this printer and as I'm going to buy a new one what if any new printer will take the same inks? Many thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
These models all use the same ink:

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.