Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I have an error code of 3806 tried everything suggested but

I have an error code of 3806 tried everything suggested but to no avail. Have tried to pay the £20 entered card number but cannot enter expiry date or security code.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this symptom indicates a hardware problem,
specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).
The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.
There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. These Kodaks are widely regarded as some of the worst printers ever made, they were very poorly designed and built and have very high failure rates. They were so bad that Kodak nearly went bankrupt supporting all the warranty claims, and stopped making inkjets entirely shortly after this model.
While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $60, A logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.
Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,
Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan - at the back of my mind this was the logical answer. I have already been looking for a replacement just in case! Have a nice day Gloria
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome, Gloria.

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1OiGUiu