Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have just bought a HP ENVY 5644 e all in one printer.It

Customer Question

Hello,I have just bought a HP ENVY 5644 e all in one printer.It is connected to my windows 7 dell inspiron.Problem:Having loaded the small photo tray with 4 by 6 inch photo paper face down,the touch screen acknowledges that paper is loaded BUT when I attempt to print a selected photo from the computer(usb connection) the printer initially says printing on touch sceen then tells me to load paper and press ok,if I press ok the same thing happens again.I have tried this with photo images from windows live photo gallery and picassa,same result.If I have plain paper in the lower tray at the time it will print the chosen image on that.Strangely when I tried to print a message that I had in my windows live mail the message was printed on the photo paper in the small tray in preference to the plain paper present in the large tray.HP print and scan Docter says everything is ok?Please could you help me with this? regards ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually a corrupted driver Paul.
Can you click start, devices and printers and right click on the printer and select remove.
Then restart the computer and install the printer again like you did when you first received it and tell me if it now prints correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,I have done what you suggested,but it is still doing the same thing.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now in windows press the windows key + R and type in
services.msc
Press enter
In the list that opens, find print spooler, click it and click Stop, then when it has stopped click start.
Then try to print please Paul
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,when I type in services .misc it says there isn,t a file and suggests I have typed it in wrongly

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as you did type in in wrong Paul :) It is services.msc I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

great Richard yes please go ahead with that

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard , ID###-##-####and pass word 2474

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting