Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How can I scan from Canon Pixma MG2450 to Apple eMac ?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of Mac OS is on it? Can you print properly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for prompt reply. I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 eMac.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you print properly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Prints well in B&W and colour (color) RH
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Click Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners and then click your printer in the left pane.
Click the Scan tab, and then click Open Scanner.
If a 'Software for this device is not installed' message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Click Show Details to view scan settings and options.
note: Make sure that you select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, depending on your printer and how you plan to scan.
Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Freddy
I selected System Preferences but cannot see Print and Scan, only Print and Fax.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
In that case open Image Capture application (located in the Applications folder).
Select your printer from the list. If your printer connects to a network, select it from the Shared list. The details of the scan display.
note:
Make sure that you select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, depending on your printer and how you plan to scan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Freddy
I did as you said and got No image capture device connected. However, Apple menu says No image capture device connected althoug Apple menu says Image capture device Version 4.0 {376).
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Normally this machine is not compatible with 10.5 which could be causing the issue. Try installing this and see if it helps:
http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2450.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1091449&os=Mac%20OS%20X%2010.6%20%28Snow%20Leopard%29&language=EN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry,,,,, I don't know how to do this. Please explain.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Go to that page, and click on the button that says download.
Then click on accept and download.
After run/install the file when it finishes downloading.