Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

There, I wanted to purchase the Canon Pixma mx 5650 but

Customer Question

Hi there, I wanted to purchase the Canon Pixma mx 5650 but have heard there are a lot of problems with the paper feed. As this is what my last printer died of, can you throw any light on this please?
Christine
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. MX machines normally only have 3 numbers in the model. You have 4, did you mean MG 5650?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, yes MG5650....was looking at 2 different products. I would like to purchase the MG5650 but have heard they experience paper feed probs....what do you think?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
They only have feed issues if you load too much or too thick of paper into it. If you only load a small amount of paper at a time they should be fine. After 20-3 years they do sometimes need a new print head though. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be the cost of a new print head and could i do it myself or have to pay a technician....i'm not one!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You can replace it yourself and it is something every model printer no matter which you get will eventually need. Not all models and brands have one you can replace yourself, this one does. The price varies between $50 and $75. If maintained (regular cleanings) they can last longer than the printer itself. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I on the right track with this model.... for the money?..I'm in Wales GB by the way, so replacement print head would be about half the cost of this printer which seemed a good price to me. £70 which is about $108
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The price for the part fluctuates but that price seems high for the machine. If you were going that high I would look into Epson WF machines (I would avoid all other series Epsons). They are currently the best on the market and about that same price. They have a fixed print head so you can not replace it, but they very rarely fail on the WF series. The 3540 reviews speak for themselves:
http://www.amazon.com/Epson-WorkForce-Smartphone-Compatible-C11CC31201/dp/B0091DPYDU
Also you can get the Canon cheaper on Amazon as well:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA-MG5650-Wi-Fi-Printer/dp/B00MXYQK3C
It is still a very good machine but the Epson will out perform it in just about everything. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for help Freddie....very confused now but will continue to search for that Epsom. Bye now Chris
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.