adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Do you specialise in solving HP F4180 3 in 1 printers?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem. What exactly is the problem you are having with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have (and had for at least a year) a HP F4180 hard wired connected to my ASUS X550 lap top and everything has worked OK. Last week I printed one of my letter head templates which has all my contact details printed in BLUE. I then looked at my letter in 'print preview' and everything was OK so I proceeded and clicked 'print'. To my horror the BLUE print template came out of the printer in RED !! Why and how can this be possible?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please print this page and let me know what comes out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I print this page - there is no function button to do this
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It should have a printer icon, if you do not see that hold down CTRL (command on a mac) and while holding it tap P.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green has come out BLACK and the word 'Send' in the RED box bottom right has come just grey and no RED box
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - exactly as before the GREEN vertical lines to the left of the page come out as a poor quality BLACK and the Green dots on your photographs appear BLACK as well
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
There should be no dots on my picture at all. please make a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all. Let me know if the copy comes out properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are GREEN dots (round disc's) on all pictures of you just look at the top of your own pages! It tells the user (that's me) that your available 'on line' I have already used the printer in a 'stand alone mode' and it 'photo copies' faithfully as per original placed on the glass top !
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I thought you meant on my face, thank you for clarifying. What version of windows or mac are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS 10 with browser 11 and all new cartridges. PS I'm sorry if I am a little slow but sadly I only have one arm = only one hand
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry you can take all the time you need to reply to us. I apologize but I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam