Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Fault 6800 Our MG7500 Canon printer, which is only 2 weeks

Fault 6800
Our MG7500 Canon printer, which is only 2 weeks old, has fault 6800 coming up on its screen.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did try the 70 seconds unplug. As for the insert cartridges message, the little screen on the printer has been in Japanesse, and so I cannot see what it is telling me to do. As for taking out or reinserting the cartridges, I cannot do this because the cartridge holder, which usually runs back and forth across the printer is frozen in the right-hand position, just out of reach & view.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.